Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread..

I am THE worst cook. Honestly. Case in point, the smoke alarm went off while I was "cooking" dinner for Caitlyn and I, and she says "don't worry momma, I'm used to it. It doesn't scare me anymore". Wonderful, I can only imagine what she's going to say in school on "Fire Safety Day".

However, in the fall and winter, I love to bake. Or make the batter, lick the bowl, and burn the product I was attempting to bake. Details.

Caitlyn asked if we could make pumpkin bread this upcoming weekend, and I stumbled across this recipe. I thought I might share, post their pictures, and then do a follow-up post with what MY bread looked like.

Enjoy!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread

Yield: 3 loaves bread
Cook Time: 60 minutes

ingredients:

3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 cups granulated sugar
1 (15 ounce) can 100% pure pumpkin
1 cup canola oil
2/3 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 large eggs
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray three 9x5 inch loaf pans with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine sugar, pumpkin, canola oil, water, vanilla, and eggs. Mix until smooth.
4. Slowly blend in flour mixture. Fold in chocolate chips. Evenly divide batter between the three loaf pans.
5. Bake for 60 minutes, or until browned and a toothpick comes out clean. Remove loaves from oven and cool in pans on a wire rack for 15 minutes. With a knife, go around the bread and loosen the loaves. Remove from pan and cool completely before slicing.


Up next - getting back into running, and putting some more races on the calendar - WOOP!!! 

Happy Training!

9 comments:

  1. I love pumpkin anything! That looks awesome!! I will have to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookd good. I am going to have to give it a try! Your daughter is too cute! Kids say the funniest things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so good, I love pumpkin bread!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made the same kind of bread this week! Been very proud of myself to leave it all to the kiddos.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect timing! I have a can of pumpkin on my counter calling my name. I will try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh man i am sitting here drooling, but my legs are too tired from today's run to get up and make this. can you get me a piece through the computer :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bread looks so good! Can't wait to hear and see what yours comes out like!

    ReplyDelete